Building your webinar
- By Brendon Packard - 11degrees Entertainment Ltd
- (as at July 2021)
- Setting up a webinar
- Below is a list of what you'll need to consider and pass onto your webinar administrator to setup your webinar.
- General information about the event
Describe what your webinar is all about. What are you going to cover? Do you have a guest and give some background on them. Tell your audience why they should register for your webinar.
Date, Time and duration of the webinar
RegistrationThis section is created to find out more about the attendees
- First Name
- Last Name
- Optional - Company - Position - Additional questions…eg. “ I am happy to be contacted by 11degrees to hear about… “
- Enable Chat
- Enable Questions tab (Public or Private)
- Enable Polls Tab (created ahead on time and activated during the webinar when required)
- Enable people tab (hide or show attendees)
- Hide your attendees last names
- Allow attendees to download shared PDF presentations
Webinar landing page design
- The cover image which will be used on the registration page and on emails. The ideal size for the cover image is 1600x600 pixels. This maybe be auto cropped slightly top/bottom for emails so allow for this
- The logo of your company which will also be used on the registration page and on emails. The optimal size for the logo is 400x120 pixels. If you don't add a custom webinar logo, we can grab the one from your account information or you can simply go without.
- The main background colour (this is an overall wash over the image - full colour not possible). Please supply a HEX colour code if possible so we can match your company colours.
- Text Colour
- Button and button text colour (ie. “register now”) HEX colour required.
- Email invitations
- It is best that you contact your clients directly to invite them to register via email in your own email style. (Although we can add emails for you it is not considered as effective).
- When your clients register they will fill out the information outlined on the email form then select the “Register” tab. They will then be sent another email confirming this and an access webinar tab.
- These are automatically generated when email addresses are added
- Registration confirmation – right after registration
- 1 hour reminder – 1hr before the start
- 5 min reminder – 5min before start
- Hasn’t attended – Right after the end
- Has attended – Right after the end
Recording and On-demand (options)
- Enable recording
- Replay access settings
- Registered People
- Anyone on-demand (those that have yet to register but missed the event all together)
Who are the contributors? Host, Guest speaker and Moderators When added to the list using their email address they will be automatically sent an email confirming this and an access tab to the webinar. It is best to do this no more than 1~2 days before the event to help reduce the possibily of the access link being deleted or lost in amongst old emails. All of your contributors will have webinar moderation rights by default. Moderation rights include: deleting messages, excluding attendees, sending polls, going on stage without being invited, etc.
Going onto stage and adding media The timing of this is important and best controlled by Brendon (11degrees). Media should be supplied at least 2~3 days before the event. This should include:
- A holding slide (this will be shared alongside the host in the introduction so a PDF in portrait orientation will look best)
- A “Thank you” slide which the host can talk to as the webinar closes.
- Presentations must be in PDF format, meaning you won't keep your PowerPoint transitions however should you have videos or presentations that require transitions you have the option of sharing your screen. This just takes 5mins practice to faciliate smooth transitions.
- Make sure your videos are in MP4 format.