With over 45 years as a musician (trumpet), Brendon has been involved in many high-profile projects. His credits have developed over time and now extend well beyond trumpet playing alone into the many varied aspects of live performance and event production. The most noteworthy events/roles are outlined below.
Musical Director - Specialist Events
- "CRM Awards" (2016~2019) also Event Producer
- "NZer of the Yr Awards" (2012,2013)
- "Taupo Flying Proms" (2011)
- "SuperNova Swing" Vector Stadium (2009)
- "Lakeside Rotorua" (2009)
- "Daytime Show" Sky City (2006~2009)
- "So You Wanna Be a Popstar?" 11 shows, Live TV (2005)
- "David Tua's Comeback Fight" Stadium/Live TV (2005)
Brendon energetically conducts "When the Pipers Play/Tusk" 100+ pipers, drummers, brass, vocals
at Lakeside 2009 (full video)
His energetic direction of Cirque Rocks in 2006 and the 65 piece orchestra, 30 piece gospel choir plus his 12 piece SUPERHIGHWAY band was applauded for the new and sustainable direction he had achieved re-positioning the bench mark for New Zealand entertainment.
Musical Director - Dean Lonergan Events (Live TV/Stadiums)
- "Fight for Life" (2003~2007)
- "Circus X" (2004)
- "Cirque Rocks" (2006)
- "Carnaval" (2007)
- "La Disco du Cirque" (2008)
Musical Director - Bands
- Swing Junction (Current)
- Tuxedo Swing (2002~2020)
- SUPERHIGHWAY (2004~Current)
- The Lounge Set (2008~Current)
- Cajan Gumbo (2007~2011)
- Chris Powley (2007~2010)
- The Lady Killers (2005~2007)
- Ted Clarke/Love Shack Band (2002/03)
Horn Section Leader
- "Kawerau Xmas in the Park" (2016~2019)
- Shane Cortese - "Class of 58" (2006~2008)
- "Mike King Tonight" TV Series (2003)
- "Elvis to the Max" Vegas show (3 NZ Tours)
Sound, Lighting and Audio Visual Engineer
Brendon's production arm to 11degrees is well sought after for high level events where quality of delivery and professionalism is of utmost importance.
The "Sparklab" initiative is one such project where 11o remains Spark's preferred solution provider after 50+ events.
The past few years has seen Brendon rise to new heights with his musical arrangements featured in the well publicised Fight for Life and Cirque Rocks shows.
In addition to that in 2005 he directed, played, arranged and produced the music for TVNZ’s record breaking show “So You Wannabe a Popstar?" which further demonstrated his diverse range of musical skills.
If that wasn't enough, he produced in the same year Tuxedo Swing’s second album “At the Fat Man’s"
Known as "DJB" Brendon utilises his knowledge of music, sound and lighting plus his skill on the mic to entertain...
adding another skill to his repertoire.
(pictured: DJing small events through to the CRM Awards for 750 people - Sky City Convention Centre)
It seems that no matter what the challenge Brendon continues to prove that New Zealand music is alive and well and it isn't difficult to see why his talents are in such demand.
Other credits include: Michael Crawford (NZ Tour), Gene Pitney, Tim Beveridge (2x NZ Tours), Sir Howard Morrison (Various Concerts), Shane Cortese's Class of '58 (2006 NZ Tour), The Glenn Miller Orchestra (NZ Tour 2019)
His talent has taken him to many varied destinations including:
Golden Sands Resort (Penang), The American Club (Taipei), Sheraton Resort (Fiji), Pacific Wave Music Festival (Vancouver), Disneyland (Los Angeles), Toshu Fukami (Japan. 2016, 2018)
Coupled with this he is a key supplier of entertainment to the Queenstown Winter Festival plus numerous corporate events throughout New Zealand.
Specialist Stage Show Trumpet Player
As a free lance professional trumpet player Brendon is also found in the orchestra for major shows that come to town such as:
- "Les Miserables" Civic Theatre (2019)
- "Matilda" Civic Theatre (2017)
- "Joseph" The Musical" South Africa, NZ National Tour (2017 )
- "Phantom of the Opera" Civic Theatre (2016)
- "Singin In The Rain" Auckland, Wellington (2015)
- "Mary Poppins" Civic Theatre (2012)
- "Anything Goes" Civic Theatre (2011)
- "42nd Street" Civic Theatre (2010)
- “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" St James Theatre, Auckland
- "West Side Story" Civic Theatre
He is also played trumpet as a "stand in" for international shows such as "Priscilla - Queen of the Desert" and "Jersey Boys" plus has played in 6 Christmas in the Park events.
Brendon’s associations in the entertainment industry are boundless and he places a great deal of importance in forging strong relationships with all his clients, performers and suppliers.
His musical talents coupled with 10 years of corporate sales and marketing experience, Brendon has all the skills to lead his company, 11degrees Entertainment, into the corporate market with the sole purpose of supplying an experience that exceeds the expectations of it's customers.
You may well ask: "What will he be up to next?"
Above are some clues, but for the remainder you'll have to wait and see!